Well....Carole loves throwing me to the wolves.....thank goddness!! She now knows me well enough to know that I may not volunteer but I will say 'yes' or 'sure' most every time if she asks me to do something! I was so nervous to lead a conference but when it was all said and done, I felt great about it. Yes, I faltered over my words a few times, forgot some details and blanked on what I should say but all in all, I survived. It was a good way to end the day.
My TWS lessons have been taught. I give my post-assessment on thursday and I am excited to see what the results are. I look forward to seeing if there has been improvement. I would do it differently again next time but that is the way it goes with teaching...or so it seems. I have been really thankful to have gotten to teach so much latley. It makes such a huge difference when you see the lessons in sequence and you refer back to activities you have done with the students. It makes it a much more meaningful teaching experience for me.
Well, this blog is more of a general reflection than a lesson reflection. I will not be back in my classroom until thursday so it will be interesting to have been gone for two days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Christine ~ So what would you do differently if you were to teach this unit again? Be as specific as you can so we can make those notes and changes in the teacher's guide. Sorry about throwing you to the wolves but you did great. I didn't notice you stumbling over your words. I felt like you covered the SLP and welcomed family input. Fall conferences are a little easier because they are student led conferences so the student does much of the talking and we are there to support the students in talking to their parents and then for parents' questions. I've missed having you in the room too! It will be hard when you go to Prague. The kids will miss you too. Some came in at lunch today to work on their posters and they wanted to touch base with you. They ask about you every day. See you in the morning,
Carole
Post a Comment