Hello to everyone! Well, I am in Prague, aka Praha, and had my first day of school today. It was wonderful. The class I am in has only 12 students which seems pretty typical for this school. How amazing to have a smaller class. What a difference it makes when it comes to a teachers ability to interact and work with each student. There are many similarities but also many differences throughout the school day and it has been so fun and interesting to experience each one of the differences, even though I have only attended one day so far. I will definitly be talking about this more throughout the quarter.
Prague is amazing in and of itself as well. I spent three days in London adjusting to the time difference (Prague is 9 hours ahead of WA state time) and then flew to Prague on the 31st...just in time for New Years. Lots of fireworks throughout the night. I have explored many sights and already learned about so much of the rich and tumultuous history. I am finally understanding what it means to have such deep roots and true cultural traditions. Everything is so old here, it is unbelievable. I went to a church that took 600 years to build and this is quite represented by the way the architecture changes throughout the building depending on when that section was built. Crazy! Well, I know you are all settling into different roles this quarter as well and I can not wait to hear all about your experiences as well. Hope all is well.
Na shledanou, Christine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh Christine!
It's so great to hear from you and know you're safe. I am SO excited to hear about your experiences and see you make comparisons -- you truly are an incredibly insightful person!
I hope you continue to enjoy your time there-- you're definitely missed here! Can't wait to hear more! You're a great teacher and I respect you a lot!
Hi Miss Kuntz ~
"What does Na Shledanou mean?" asked Sehil. "It's flooding over here, matter of fact, we are getting out at 2:15 today because the Lynden Levy broke," said Avilio & Mrs. Donaldson."How is schooll the same and different in Prague?" Phillip wants to know. "How is the weather over there?" wonders Ernesto. "Are there different kinds of animals?" Clayton is curious about. "Do they have a different language and a different standard algorithm?" queries Phillip & Anna. We have lots more questions. We will ask them later. Shalom, Adios Mis Amigo ~ Mrs. Donaldson's class.
So some answers to all the wonderful questions asked:
1. Na shledanou means goodbye is Czech…hello (informally is Ahoj which is pronounced like Ahoy)
2. The school is the same and different in so many ways! I will get more into that the next time I blog, so stay tuned!
3. The weather is so cold. It is between -10 and =5 degrees Celsius so mostly in the 20’s Fahrenheit. But it is a very dry cold and the when it does flurry it is so beautiful….makes everything sparkle…not kidding! I bundle up wherever I go and can walk around for hours staying warm.
4. I have not seen different kinds of animals. There is a zoo but I have not gone to it yet. I am not sure if they have many different animals so I will ask around and let you know if I learn more!
5. They do have a different language, they speak Czech which has more letters than the English alphabet. You should look up on the internet what it looks like and sounds like! They have the same standard algorithm here. This is not to say that Czech Republic does it the same though. I am working within the British system so the British systems is the same. I will try to find out if the Czech schools use the same one too.
Keep the questions coming, I love hearing from you all! Be well, Christine
Post a Comment